Exam Stress Workshop
Master your Exam Stress: Saturday Workshops for Learners and Students in 2016
Learners and students:
- Is the thought of the end of year exams stressing you out?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by your workload?
- Do you feel stressed out and anxious when you think of what you have to do?
- Is your stress level negatively affecting your results and your lfe?
- Are you worried that exam nerves may negatively affect your performance?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, this workshop is designed for you!
Writing exams successfully isn’t only about good study habits and hard work!
By mastering certain techniques and skills* ahead of time, it is possible to harness your stress and gain control of your thoughts so that you will feel calm and focused when you write your exams.
*Techniques and skills include: relaxation training, mindfulness techniques, guided visualisation and cognitive-behavioral principles and practice.
Master Exam Stress Workshops will cover the following:
* Understanding stress and exam nerves and making these fork for you.
* Exploring the relationship between stress and anxiety and how one can lead to the other
* What we all need to know about the link between Your thoughts, your behavior and our emotions, (including our stress, frustration and anger), how cognitive distortions can increase our stress levels, and how to gain control of
* Understanding how the brain works – breakthroughs in brain neuroscience and what
these tell us about memory and optimal performance.
* The mind-body link – the role of nutrition and sleep.
* Techniques to gain control of anxiety and stress.
Master Exam Stress Workshops for Teachers and Parents
Parents and teachers:
Would you like to find out how you can help the young people you care about to learn to deal effectively with their stress? If so, why not find out how you can use your stress in a positive way to help you achieve your goals?
Arrange for a Master Exam Stress Workshop at your school or college.
By special arrangement I will be happy to present a workshop at your school or college in or around Cape Town.
Workshop Presenters: Welmoet Bok – Clinical Psychologist and Annette Miller – Career Guidance Consultant and Psychological Counselor (www.careerguidance.co.za).
Please inquire below for details of upcoming workshops in June/August in Claremont, Cape Town.