Clinical Psychology and Mediation Practice based in Wynberg, Cape Town and in Simon’s Town
Welcome to the website of Bok and Gillespie – Clinical Psychology and Mediation Practice in Cape Town’s southern suburbs!
I would like to start by giving you a thumb-nail sketch of my practice.
Bok & Gillespie has been in existence for twenty years! I met Ian Gillespie whilst I was doing my Masters in Health Psychology at UCT back in the 90’s. We decided to set up practice together and located a spot on the third floor of House Vincent, Wynberg, in 1995. Ian and I had a wonderful, stimulating and meaningful working relationship together for close on twenty years but sadly Ian passed away just under three years ago. I am now practicing solo.
I essentially run a small “boutique” style practice, where each individual client or couple is regarded as unique. My practice hours are flexible so that clients are able to see me at their convenience, after work and at weekends. I also offer between session support to clients via SMS, whatsapp and telephone calls, when necessary. Skype and Facetime counselling is also available.
I invite you to take a tour of our website and find out more about our psychological services. If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact me. Research has consistently shown that the quality of the relationship between a client and their psychologist is central to the success of psychotherapy. It is therefore very important that if you are looking for a psychologist that you find an experienced psychotherapist to whom you can relate. As a psychologist and mediator:
- I tailor our psychology treatment to the needs of the unique individual
- I adopt a solutions-focused and goal-directed approach
- I offer individual as well as couples counselling
Usually the best time to start counselling or psychotherapy is when you are feeling motivated. A strong intent to take the steps necessary to solve your problem will help you make the positive changes necessary to improve your life situation. Motivation tends to wax and wane, depending on factors such as your current state of health and energy levels. Perhaps a recent “trigger” event may serve to strengthen your resolve tackle the issue.
I would be happy to be of help!
So if you:
- would like more information about psychology and psychotherapy in general
- are personally experiencing some form of psychological distress
- are grappling with a personal issue
- are feeling overwhelmed by feelings of anxiety, depression or relationship problems
- have problems at work and are experiencing stress and burnout as a result
- just feel that your life has lost meaning and purpose and are not sure why this is
If you have any questions or would like to arrange an appointment, please do not hesitate to Contact Me. I will endeavour to get back to you within 24 hours.